Monday, March 9, 2009

TED

What an interesting video. I was really engaged in this seminar the entire time.  It is so real to think about.  If I looked back on my life and thought about the times I was happiest, they would revolve around art and design.  Guess that means that I am always going to love what I do.  If I had to ask him something it would be how scared he was to pack everything and get a completely new job in a world unknown. I would be scared...sh*tless! 

What else caught my eye was that article, and a certain part of it:
 “There are professions more harmful than industrial design, but only very few of them. And possibly only one profession is phonier: Advertising design. In persuading people to buy things they don’t need, with money they don’t have, in order to impress others that don’t care, it is probably the phoniest field in existence today.”  How true is this.  How sad is it?..or isn't it?  I think it is all part of the vicious cycle of life, and a part of who we are.  It is a part of who we are as designers.

No comments: