Wednesday, February 4, 2009

bruce mau & my manifesto

  1. Process is more important than outcome.When the outcome drives the process we will only ever go to where we've already been. If process drives outcome we may not know where we’re going, but we will know we want to be there.
This is my mantra for the week, and I chose it for more than one reason. One, I feel that when I am designing things I get lost in trying to make it what I want the end result to look like, as opposed to really engaging myself in the process, exploring, and finding other ways to find solutions. I like the beginning of the statement. If you don't explore different ideas, all of you work will end up looking the same and you will "only every go where you've already been." So true!

Bruce Mau is quite intriguing. I am in love with the list on his Incomplete Manifesto. I am printing it out and keeping a copy by where I do all my work...it's great inspiration.

No comments: